A while ago, I received the following list of “10 free gifts” and I’d like to share it with you today. You can use this list for Christmas, birthdays, or any special occasion:
TEN FREE GIFTS FOR CHRISTMAS
(You don’t even have to shop for them!)
- The gift of LISTENING –Why not give this valuable gift to someone who lives alone? And you must really listen. No interrupting, no daydreaming, no planning your responses. Just listen.
- The gift of SIGNS OF AFFECTIONS – Be generous with your hugs, kisses, and gentle squeezes of the hand. Let these tiny actions demonstrate the love inside YOU.
- The gift of a NOTE – It can be as simple as “I Love You” or as creative as a sonnet. Put your notes where they will surprise your loved ones.
- The gift of LAUGHTER –Just cut out a cartoon or save a clever article. Your gift will say, “I live to laugh with you.”
- The gift of a COMPLIMENT – A simple “You look good in blue” or “I like your hair” or “Good supper, honey” can be of greatest value to those who may feel they are being taken for granted.
- The gift of a FAVOR — Help with the dishes, clean out the basement, etc.
- The gift of LEAVING ALONE –There are times in our lives when we want nothing better than to be left alone. Become more sensitive to those times and give solitude.
- The gift of a CHEERFUL DISPOSITION – Try to be cheerful around those you love especially.
- The gift of a GAME — Offer to play your loved one’s favorite game. Even if you lose, you’ll be a winner.
- The gift of PRAYER – Pray for those people on your Christmas list and let them know that you pray for them. Praying for someone is a way of saying, “You are so special to me that I talk to God about you.”